Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wow...Another Year... Same old haunts...

Here we are again, a new year. I have heard so much about a New Year's resolution. As much as my mind is turning over a few things I would like to do differently, when I look back at my poor representation of a regular blog, I see that the things that I am thinking, I have thought before. I know we would like to think that we are full of new ideas and new inventive ways of handling things, but are we really? What am I thinking about? Another year of "reinventing" myself. I am so tired of doing that. I am tired of trying to find an "easy way" to shed some extra baggage, whether in my clothes or my closet! I am tired of trying to figure out who I am and what I am supposed to be doing. One thing. Focus on the one thing. That is what I am going to do. My energy in trying to find a new diet? Going back to my one thing. Trying to determine if my household is striving for holiness the way my Jesus would like? Going back to my one thing.
My one thing? My Father. The Holy Spirit. My Lord.
I need more time in His presence. Seek FIRST the Kingdom. That is what I am going to do. Seek first HIS kingdom. Everything else will be in place as He changes us to His image. One New Year's Resolution for me... More of HIM and much less of me.
Just a thought. There is a song by Addison Road, which I am saving my pennies for, called "What Do I Know of Holy?". Tears flow when I hear this song. This song combined with "Beautiful, Beautiful" by Francesca Battistelli really makes me think of things that have gone on in my life. When I was at my worst, living in a car, staying with friends, refusing to submit to God, how did He see in me something that was worth saving? How did He know that I would one day want to spend every second with Him? If it were possible to saturate myself in Him daily, I would. So, again. My one thing. I am going to make Him my one thing. I feel certain at that time, the tv shows he wants me to cut out, will be cut. The insecurities that make me run to the extra calories, will fade in to the background, and the emotions that are not fruitful, they will be pruned away.... I pray this for all of you. That you will be blessed beyond your imagination, that you will know that your Father is within a whisper's call of wherever you are. I pray you would feel your small hand is His large and powerful hand. I pray that you would feel that He loves you unconditionally. If you didn't know what it was like as a child to have a big, strong, and handsome Daddy in your corner, you do now. He is here, my beloved. Your one thing.
Happy New Year!

No comments: