Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pray without ceasing...


1 Thessalonians 5:5-18:
Ye are all the children of light and the children of the day; we are not of the night, nor of the darkness.Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep, sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breast plate of faith and love; and for a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain Salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. and we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men, see that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I know that is a long scripture, but oh so important for us to remember. We have got to be at our Father's work, people! Quit running to the things of the world that prove a distraction to the things we are going through. I say this to myself, loudly. Pray! Pray! Pray!

Yesterday I was in my car and I turned off the radio. I wanted deliberate uninterrupted time with the Lord. I cried out to Him, expressing my heart's desire to be in a job where He was the focus all the time. He was the topic of discussion. What He is doing, What He wants to happen, etc.

Overwhelmingly, I knew my answer. Even though I didn't want to! I heard it in my spirit! IT SHOULD BE NOW. REGARDLESS OF WHERE I AM! HE SHOULD BE THE FOCUS. HE SHOULD BE THE TOPIC. TO KNOW HIM AND MAKE HIM KNOWN!!!
I hide behind being nice, respectful, upbeat, and sweet. I try to give the Lord the glory for everything. But do I? I am crying, praying for the city while driving in my car, and then somebody drives crazy and dangerously and I say, watch out, you idiot! Is that very Christlike? Not so much!

The more I pray, the more I am in the presence of the spirit, the more fruit I will have. I want to be a tree laden and heavy with the fruit of the Spirit, not the fruit of the world, or the fruit of the Allison. That fruit is rotten, moldy, and utterly disgusting.
Pray... Pray... Pray...

Lord, I praise You for this day. I praise You for another day to have the grace You give to worship You. For anyone who is stopping by today, I pray that where there is pain, You would heal up their hearts. Where there is loneliness, you would provide Jesus with skin on friends and family to love on that person. Where there is anger, frustration, hopelessness, You would shine a Holy light, to dissipate that darkness. Lord, nothing is impossible with You. Help us to all remember this. I thank You for Your mighty hand that is at work 24-7. Thank You Lord that Your ways are above all of our ways. My way of thinking is so narrow. I pray that Your Holy Spirit fire and water would rush over me, burn away the extra, and smooth out the stone. I love You Jesus. I have nothing if I don't have You.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments: