Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to life...back to reality..

I remember that song from the late 80's. I don't know who sang it, strangely enough, but I did like to dance to it. Today was our first day back at school after a 2 week hiatus for Christmas and New Years. It was a difficult morning to wake up and get going, but I was glad to be back in the swing of things. Honestly, I am glad to be on my way... out. God has called me to be a counselor, and I will not be teaching again next year. That has been really hard. I had to actually walk through the scripture that says, when all else is done, stand. I was standing. Standing on the promise that if He wanted me to put my master's degree on hold because I'd misheard, or only started my master's degree out of my own selfish design instead of His leading, then I was willing to teach next year, or put my degree on hold. Anyway anyway, I digress. This past weekend, I was so blessed to go to a wedding of a wonderful woman that I was blessed to be able to know through a woman's bible study. While there, I had the privilege of meeting some fabulous Christian people that were involved in outreach. I mentioned my degree plan and my desire to serve the Lord wherever He'd have me. I was so encouraged by the people I'd met, and for the first time, I really felt God confirming that I was on the right track, and He was going to use me to love on His people that our culture sometimes considers "unloveable". I want to be a puppet on His string. I want to focus my energy into "being at my Father's business". What are your goals? What would you like to change? Are those your goals, or His? Share with me! I want to hear it!

Have a blessed day. In Jesus's powerful name...

No comments: