Monday, July 14, 2008

Mama and Daughter at the same time...

Incredible. When we are out of options... or are smart enough to admit none of ours are worth a hill of beans, our Heavenly Father reminds us gently of who He is. My daughter and I are getting along so much better. Revelation is an incredible miracle in the face of my carnal hard headedness. So many things I perceived as wrong and hurtful growing up, oddly enough, take a different shape when I am walking through raising a daughter of my own. Although I would have preferred a different wrapping, I realize now that the gifts my parents actually gave me weren't so bad. I learned so many things from having to deal with things on my own. I wish that I hadn't felt so alone a lot of times as I walked through the consequences of my choices, but I had to walk them out. Removing me from my difficult situations would have taught me nothing. I had the opportunity to tell my mom that yesterday. I was able to tell her what a great job I thought she did even though I didn't realize it at the time. I absolutely hate that it took me 18 years after leaving home to realize this. I hope that my kids don't take that long.
Remember that our Father leads us through the thorns so that we will appreciate the roses. Remember that He will never make our solution look like we thought it would, and PRAISE HIM FOR THAT! HE IS BETTER AT EVERYTHING THAN WE CAN EVER CONCEIVE!!!
I am blessed for the hardships in my life. I don't know many people who have come full on submitting to Jesus while skipping down the flowery trail of peace and happiness. If we could create a life like that for ourselves, what good was the Cross? We need Him more than we could ever imagine.
He knows where He found us, He knows where He wants us to go, and we need to shutup, submit, and get out of His way, so we can go where only HE can bring us!!!
In Jesus' Name,
AMEN!!!!

No comments: