Thursday, November 8, 2012

Steady...

So the 2nd week in October brought 2 concussions in the same week. Liam and Seth both went to the concussion clinic in Fort Worth on Monday October 15th. That was the same day as my beautiful oldest daughter Jayde's 21st birthday. My goodness, how time flies. Anyway, as Liam's symptoms were resolving themselves, Seth's did not. He now has a condition termed "vestibular dysfunction". He had to practice saying that word about 4 times so he could sound cool to his friends.

This involves getting therapy, which we experienced for the 1st time today. It was really hard seeing my baby there on the table (all 5'10" of him), getting moved around in order to assess all of his dizziness and imbalance issues. I have however been reassured that everything is going to be fine, by about December. How I wish they were still this size...

I feel almost dizzy by all of the upcoming events in our life.
-Jayde and Tanner get married on Nov. 15th.
-Thanksgiving at our house.
-Austyn Laine due on December 6.
-Christmas!

All the while, balancing home, and trying to get a job.

Tomorrow, I will explore the struggle between mom and career woman. Please weigh in.
Love to all!
Allison

No comments: