Friday, June 6, 2008

Wow... Just getting started

What exactly constitutes interesting? I have this crazy desire to blog, but who knows where it will go...

Finally, school is out. Teaching is an incredible calling on my life. I am already getting jazzed about next year but am so grateful for the summer. Hmmm what is on tap? Trying to get my finances in line with scripture and the directive to be a good steward. Math curriculum organized for next year, and try to relax and spend much needed time with my Lord, family, and wonderful friends.

I did actually get to the gym yesterday. It has been a constant struggle in my life for the past 17 years, ever since I had my daughter. (OMG!) Can't believe it has been that long. Anyway, as I was walking on the treadmill, I was just chatting with Jesus, and I really just had to look around and Praise Him! I had the opportunity to work out! He blessed me with the opportunity to have a gym membership! What kind of favor is that!!! There have been times in my life of extreme poverty and hopelessness. To look around with a spirit of total awe and thankfulness at the blessing of provision over my life! Wow! Then, of course, I had to claim ownership over the gym. I know that sounds crazy, but what I mean is, I had to look around and say, this is my gym. So many times I have gone there with my husband who is in great shape with beautiful muscles and felt totally out of place and completely intimidated. Yesterday for the first time, I had to really change my mind. (Repentance!!!) I had to remember that the Lord blessed me with this membership for a reason. I have a vessel that He has provided for me that I have got to get on board with taking good care of. I have no right to eat crap all the time, sit on the couch, and then look in the mirror with disgust. He has blessed me with life and provision for today. He has opened the opportunity for me to run the distance with Him and actually be able to cross the finish line as He gives me the high five saying, "Well done, My faithful servant!!" How am I really supposed to do that when I am 45 pounds overweight, and exhausted all of the time? I can't see how. So... instead of trying to lose weight to get or keep a man, to fit into something sexy, or to gain someone else's approval, I have to be able to to look in the mirror and say, "There is a call on my life that takes energy, hard work, and commitment. Cowgirl up and get to it!" Then go to another Pilates Reformer class. Awesome!

No comments: