Monday, April 18, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


Keep going. Don't give up. I know it is hard. I know that everytime you turn around, there is another mountain in the way that is preventing you from really seeing the sun and feeling the warmth. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. This season might end soon, it might not. The fire refines the metal, and all of the impurities are brought to the top, to be skimmed off, leaving a more pure, more streamlined form of the metal that existed before. The same analogy is represented in our lives. When God allows us to be in the fire, the things that we don't need fall away. Desperation may set in and show us that the one thing we can really count on is God and one another. The real friends show up. The real family that loves you- blood or not- become clear. Just as in Job, when his world fell apart, all those that had been his friends, eaten at his table, shared in his prosperity, vanished. Sometimes struggle and pain is what clears the fog so that we can accurately see a glimpse of His glorious face.

Don't wait. Submit to Him. Heaven is better than Hell. Jesus is more than fire insurance. He is hope. He is favor. He is grace.

Amen and Amen.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is such a beautiful blog. I know that it wasn't written for me, but it sure felt like it was. All today I kept reminding myself to "give it to God". That he has it under control. I realized over Christmas that I rely to much on myself and not enough on him. So this morning I woke up thinking God has given me a chance to trust by making this a challenging time for me.
I love you and thank you for always finding a way to encourage me! :)